Overview Of Austria:
Austria is a landlocked nation of around 8.7 million occupants in Central Europe. It is bordered by the Czech Republic and Germany to the north, Slovakia and Hungary to the east, Slovenia and Italy to the south, and Switzerland and Liechtenstein to the west.
Information On Austria:
The official name is “Republic of Austria.”
The National Language of the country is German. Other Languages of Austria are Croatian, Hungarian, Slovenian, Turkish, and other languages are spoken by the various minority groups.
Vienna is the Capital of Austria. Vienna is a very beautiful city & heart of the political & economic activities of Austria.
There is no official religion in Austria. They believe in freedom in choosing their beliefs.
The total population of the country is 8.859 million.
Currency Name & Value:
The Currency of Austria is called Euro & one American Dollar is equal to 0.85 Euro.
Area Of The Country:
The total area of the country is 83,879 km².
Vienna, Lower Austria, Upper Austria, Styria, Tyrol, Carinthia, Salzburg, Vorarlberg, Burgenland
Some of the famous cities in the country are as below
Feldkirch, Bregenz, Steyr, Krems an der Donau, Villach, Linz, Klagenfurt, Eisenstadt, Graz, Innsbruck, Salzburg, Vienna
Some of the famous foods that people love to eat when they are in Austria are as below
- Viennese Apfelstrudel: Austrian National Food
- Wiener Schnitzel: Fried Delight
- Vienna Sausage: Austrian Authenticity
- Knödel: Flavorful Dumpling
- Tafelspitz: Boiled Beef
- Tiroler Gröstl: Tradition Inspire
- Käsespätzle: Cheesy Delight
- Potato Gulasch: Tasty Treat.
Most visited historical places of the country are as below
- Center of Vienna. Vienna
- Belvedere Museum. Vienna
- Stift Admont. Admont
- Salzburger Altstadt. Salzburg
- KZ-Gedenkstatte Mauthausen. Mauthausen
- Altstadt von Graz. Graz
- Melk Abbey. Melk
- St. Peter’s Abbey
Things to do:
We can do a lot of things when we are in Austria but below are those that have their own worth
- Visit the Hofburg
- Trek the Krimmler Ache
- Browse in Admont Abbey Library
- Watch a show at the Spanish Riding School
- Pay tribute to Mozart in Salzburg
- Explore the Eisriesenwelt
- Discover the Tomb of Emperor Maximilian I
- Marvel at Schlegeis Lake
- Learn some history at the Landeszeughaus
- Enjoy the serenity of Melk Abbey
- Hike the Kitzbüheler Horn
- Take a cable car to the Hornköpfli
- Visit the Burg Hochosterwitz
- Approximately one-third of the country’s forested lands is protected area.
- Austria has 13 peaks with a height of 3,000 meters and 34 peaks that exceed 2,000 meters.
- The largest cave in the world can be found in Werfen. It extends for almost 42 kilometres.
- Even though Austria is very small, it shares borders with eight other countries: Germany, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Hungary, Slovenia, Italy, Switzerland, and Liechtenstein.
- Austria is one of the world’s most eco-friendly countries – about 63% of waste is recycled and most of the electricity comes through the use of renewable energy sources.
- In the 19th century, It was one of the most powerful countries in the world. Back then, the total area was almost 700,000 square kilometres.
- The Austrian flag dates from 1191, which makes it one of the oldest national flags in the world.
- Adolf Hitler was born in Austria.
- Nominal GDP is $446 billion
- PPP GDP is $521 billion
- GDP growth is 2.4% (2018) 1.6% (2019) −6.7% (2020e) 4.6% (2021e)
- Labor Force 4,559,603
- Exports are $156.7 billion
- Imports are $158.1 billion
- Revenues are 49.0% of GDP
- Expenses are 48.2% of GDP
Austrian Armed Forces:
Active personals of the armed forces are 21,200
The best professions in the country are given below
- construction joiners.
- data processing.
- graduate nurses.
- mechanical engineering.
- power engineering.
- Shops still close on Sundays and if you need anything on Sunday, then you are out of luck.
- Bars and restaurants have separate smoking and non-smoking areas.
- Coffee shops serve beer.
- They do not sell cookies anywhere.
- People drink beer all the time, even on their lunch break from work.
- Prostitution is legal and there are several whorehouses in town.
- McDonald’s serves beer.