Overview of Bangladesh:
The World’s eighth-most populous country, Bangladesh is bisected by the Tropic of Cancer. Its shore borders the Bay of Bengal and you will find property borders with India and Myanmar. With a population of nearly 162 million Bangladesh is among the very densely populated nations on the planet.
Information on Bangladesh:
officially the People’s Republic of Bangladesh
The National Language of Bangladesh is Bengali.
Dhaka is the Capital of Bangladesh. Dhaka is a very beautiful city & the heart of the political & economic activities of Bangladesh.
Islam is the official religion of the country.
The population of Bangladesh 161.4 million Million.
Currency Name & Value:
The Currency of the country is called Bangladeshi taka & one American Dollar is equal to 84.75 Bangladeshi takas.
The area of the country is 148,460 km².
Barisal, Chittagong, Dhaka, Khulna, Mymensingh, Rajshahi, Sylhet
Famous Food :
It’s a food rich country. There are many famous foods here but these are the famous foods of the country
- Kachchi Biryani
- Bhuna Khichuri
- Patla Khichuri
- Morog Polao
- Rice with Curry
- Grilled Chicken
- Lalbagh Fort
- Ahsan Manzil
- Panam City
- Shat Gambuj Mosque
- Liberation War Museum
- Star Mosque
Things to do in Bangladesh:
It is a culture rich country & you can do a lot of things here like
- Kantanagar temple
- Somapuri vihara
- Shait gumbad mosque
- Panshi restaurant
- Varendra research museum
- Kutum bari
- Natore rajbari
Interesting things about Bangladesh:
- Bangladesh has six seasons instead of four. It has Grismo (summer), Barsha (rainy season), Sharat (autumn), Hemanto (cool season), sheet (winter), and Bashonto (spring)
- The Bay of Bengal, bounded by India, Bangladesh, Myanmar, Maldives, and Sri Lanka, is the biggest bay in the world.
- Almost half of the Bangladeshi population (45%) are farmers
- The national Parliament of Bangladesh is one of the largest legislative centres. It occupies 200 acres (800,000 m²) of land.
- The Cox Bazaar is the longest sea beach in the world, covering 125km.
- Bangladesh is one of the most disaster-prone areas in the world. Cyclones and floods have killed thousands and impeded economic growth.
- Nominal GDP is $348 billion
- PPP GDP is $861 billion
- GDP growth is 9% (17/18) 8.2% (18/19e) 5.2% (19/20f) 7.5% (20/21f)
- Labor force is 69,706,733
- Exports are $33.67 billion
- Imports are $40.53 billion
- Revenues are $24.36 billion
- Expenses are $67.00 billion
Bangladesh Armed Forces:
- Active personnel are 204,596
- Reserve personnel are 63,900
- Financial Analyst
- Software Developer
- Electrical Engineer
- Financial Trader
- Marketing Manager
- Project Manager
- This law is for those who spend sleepless nights on the phone with their so-called ‘soul mates’, because there IS a mobile law that says it is illegal for children under 18 years of age to talk on the phone after twelve o’clock!
- Any parent who forces their child to bet on anything, or encourages them to take loans can be fined Tk. 200, or jailed for six months. That’s a relief since there are loan sharks everywhere just waiting to lend money to little children.
- Some forty years back, in public universities, if a guy wanted to talk to a girl in his class, he had to take permission from the proctor! If a guy was caught talking to a girl without permission, he could be suspended. This law still stands, though it is never implemented.
- And those of you who are sneering at your teachers because of the latest law making it illegal for teachers to hit students, you should know that under the Bangladeshi law, children over 15 years of age can be jailed for cheating in a final examination!