Overview of Belize:
Situated south of the Yucatán Peninsula, Belize is a land of mountains, swamps, and tropical jungle. It’s bounded by Mexico to the north, Guatemala to the west and west, as well as the Caribbean Sea to the east. The nation includes a 174-mile (280-km) shore.
Information of Belize:
The official name of the country is “Belize.”
The National Language of the country is English.
Belmopan is the capital of the country. Belmopan is a very Beautiful city & heart of the political & economic activities of the country.
Christianity is the official religion here.
The total population consists of 383,071 people.
Currency Name & Value:
The Currency of the country is called the Belize dollar & one American Dollar is equal to 2.01 Belize dollars.
The total area of the country is 22,965 km²
Belize, Cayo, Corozal, Orange Walk, Stann Creek, Toledo
Famous Cities of Belize are as below
Belize City, San Ignacio, Orange Walk, Belmopan, Dangriga, Corozal, San Pedro Town, Benque Viejo el Carmen, Punta Gorda, Placencia, Shipyard, Valley of Peace
It is a food rich country. There are many famous foods here but these are the famous foods of the country
- Rice and Beans.
- Stew(ed) Chicken
- Conchita Pibil.
- Government House
- Swing Bridge
- The Caracol
- Lamanai Mayan Site
Things to do:
It is a culture rich country & you can do a lot of things here like
- Ambergris Caye
- Great Blue Hole
- Hot Chan Marine Reserve
- Caye Caulker
- Cayo District
- Placencia Penisula
- Altun Ha
- Belize Zoo
- Cockscomb Basin Wildlife Sanctuary
- The capital is Belmopan and is located 80 km (50 miles) inland from Belize City.
- Belize’s official language is English. However, Spanish and Kriol are widely spoken
- It has a tropical climate with two seasons: wet and dry.
- Half of Belize is covered by dense rainforest, and 80% of its rainforest remains under government protection, much of it unexplored.
- You will not find any US fast-food chains in Belize like McDonald’s and Burger King
The market of the country is a small, essentially private enterprise economy that’s based primarily on agriculture, tourism, and services. The farming of newly discovered oil in the town of Spanish Lookout has presented new prospects and issues to this growing nation
- Nominal GDP is $1.925 billion
- PPP GDP is $3.367 billion
- The labour force is 184,610
- Exports are $633 million
- Revenues are $633 million
- Expenses are 352.4 million
- Active personnel are 1,630
- Reserve personnel are 850
- Operations Manager
- Engineering Geologist
- Exploration Manager
- Energy Dispatch Director
- Geothermal Production Manager
- Mining Project Manager
- Service Delivery Manager
- When snorkelling or scuba diving do not stand on or touch the coral
- Do not be the last one to leave the nightclub
- Don’t do drugs in Belize.
- Do not forget to pack a pair of flip-flops, hiking shoes, and pants