Overview of Brunei:
Brunei is a Southeast Asian nation comprising of two detached parts with an add up a zone of 5,765 square kilometres (2,226 sq mi) on the island of Borneo. It has 161 kilometres (100 mi) of coastline following to the South China Ocean, and it shares a 381 km (237 mi) border with Malaysia.
Information of Brunei:
Negara Brunei Darussalam (in Malay – ‘Negara Brunei’ means ‘the state of Brunei’, and ‘Darussalam’ means ‘abode of peace’).
The official language of the state of Brunei is Standard Malay, the same Malaccan dialect that is the basis for the standards in Malaysia and Indonesia
Bandar Seri Begawan is the capital of Brunei. Bandar is a very Beautiful city & heart of the political & economic activities of the country.
Islam is the official religion of Brunei.
The population consists of 428,962 people
Currency Name & Value:
The currency is called Brunei Dollar & one American Dollar is equal to 1.35 Brunei Dollars.
The total area of the country is 5,765 km²
There are four states in Brunei
Famous cities of the country are as below
- Bandar Seri Begawan
- Kuala Belait
It is a food rich country. There are many famous foods in the country but these are the famous foods of the country
- Nasi Katok
- Pulut Panggang
- Bamboo Chicken
- Tanjung Cendana
- Luba Mausoleum
- Tea-Pot Roundabout
- Mausoleum of Sultan Bolkiah
- Istana Darussalam
- Mercu Tanda Kenangan
- Waterfront Bandar Seri Begawan
- Royal Regalia Museum
- Tasek Lama Recreational Park
- Tasek Merimbun Heritage Park
- Billionth Barrel Monument
- Brunei Darussalam Maritime Museum
Things to do:
It’s a culture rich country & you can do a lot of things here like
- see some of southeast Asia’s most stunning mosques
- Take a selfie with the spectacular Bornean sunset
- Get lost on the world’s largest floating village
- Explore Brunei’s Virgin Rainforest
- Experience Brunei’s Wild Side at Andulau Forest Reserve
Interesting facts about Brunei are as below
- The citizens receive free education in Brunei. As a result, the adult literacy rate is 98%. They also get free health care, subsidized food, and housing.
- They do not pay personal income taxes.
- Brunei has the largest residential palace in the world. The Istana Nurul Iman is the formal residence of Brunei’s Sultan. It also serves as the seat of the country’s government. The palace has 1,788 rooms, 257 bathrooms, a mosque, a garage with space for 110 cars, 5 swimming pools, a massive banquet hall, and more.
- Brunei has one of the highest car-ownership rates in the world. The average is one car per 1.5 people.
- The country has one of the highest rates of obesity in Southeast Asia.
- The rainforests are home to some of the world’s rarest wildlife species. Although only a small country, Brunei has managed to conserve 70% of its rainforests despite the pressures of development.
- Nominal GDP is $13.568 billion
- PPP GDP is $34.662 billion
- The labour force is 218,000
- Exports are $5.885 billion
- Imports are $2.021 billion
- Revenues are 2.245 billion
- Expenses are 4.345 billion
Brunei Armed Forces:
- Active personnel are 10,000
- The military budget is $436.76 Million
- Hospitality Director
- Hotel Manager
- Fleet Manager
- Cluster Director
- Regional Restaurant Manager
- Assistant Hospitality Manager
- Hotel Sales Manager
- Food Service Manager